Leadership McLean County (LMC), a program of the McLean County Chamber of Commerce, presents: Leaders on Loan (LOL).
Leaders on Loan provides a skilled LMC working group to develop a specific program or accomplish a project that impacts McLean County. All members in good standing of the McLean County Chamber of Commerce are eligible to apply. Proposed projects will be presented to the LMC Class of 2022 in September of 2021 and will be completed by class participants by March of 2022.
Applications are due Monday, August 2, 2021 for the Class of 2022 projects.
Please be sure to read through all instructions in this document before completing the online application.
Learn more about the project:
Leaders on Loan Proposed Projects must:
- Identify a specific project or program for the organization that is applying.
- Have a well-defined project scope, with clearly stated deliverables that can be completed over the course of the program.
- Articulate how this project will address an unmet need for both the organization applying and for McLean County in general.
- Be sustainable beyond the work on the volunteer Leaders on Loan working group.
- Identify the application category for which you are applying:
- Technology Support
- Marketing and Development
- Training and Human Services
- Innovator's Category
- Attend Informational Session on Thursday, July 15, 2021 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am to address any questions about the application process.
- Develop a strong application with project description and deliverables identified.
- Assign a project manager from your organization.
- Submit application by designated due of Monday, August 2, 2021.
- Semi-Finalist will interview with LMC Steering Committee Members about proposed project. Interviews will occur in August.
- If application is approved, notification of application approval will be sent by end of August.
- Semi-finalists will interview with LMC committee.
- 5-6 projects will be chosen for the Leaders on Loan program
- Projects and Leaders on Loan Working Groups will be announced to the LMC Class in September at the Opening Retreat.
- The designated Project Manager will communicate with the Leaders on Loan project working group on a regular basis and serve as the point of contact for the organization.
- Project Managers will be required to meet with the working group during the designated LMC events:
- October 8, 2021:
- Initial Meeting with Team at LMC Day – Overview of Project
- January 7, 2022:
- Meeting with Team at Mid “Year Retreat” to review project progress.
- March 18, 2022:
- Attend Final Project Presentation
- October 8, 2021:
Leaders on Loan Program Chairs for the LMC Class of 2022 are Leslie Garrett and Brandon Long. The Program Chairs will lead the application and selection process and will manage the project logistics for the LMC Class.
For general questions regarding Leaders on Loan, please contact the McLean County Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org.