Be part of an organization making a difference in McLean County.
The Chamber is dedicated to serving our members by connecting commerce and community. Our Rockstar team works hard to provide relevant, innovative, and vital content to our member businesses and organizations in order for them to succeed and grow. Each staff member not only lives into the Chamber’s mission, but exudes our four core values:
Member centric, community minded.
Intentional connections through exceptional experiences.
Contagious energy with a positive attitude.
Think it, plan it, get it done.
Life at the Chamber is fast paced, dynamic, and no two days are ever the same. We would love to talk to you! Browse the open positions below or contact Charlie Moore for more information on life at the Chamber.
Job Title: Manager, Membership Development
Reports to: Chamber President & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary responsibility is to identify businesses and organizations to engage as a member investor with the McLean County Chamber of Commerce. This includes not only selling a membership, but understanding and promoting the Chamber’s services, programs, advertising, sponsorship and engagement opportunities.
- Identify, communicate, and actively sell the value proposition of the Chamber to perspective member businesses and organizations
- Develop membership recruitment strategies and implement campaigns and processes to build an active internal and external sales pipeline
- Utilize Chamber Master, the Chamber’s database management platform, as the primary sales tool to manage business communications and prospecting efforts
- Provide weekly prospect pipeline reports to the CEO and other Chamber staff while managing specific, identified metrics used for strategic purposes
- Review, understand, and serve as an expert on the Member Information Center (MIC)
- Conduct regular member education presentations on the MIC and how members can utilize the MIC
- Serve as a resource for potential members on engagement opportunities, understanding benefits, and resources the Chamber offers
- Engage and interact with Chamber Ambassadors and Chamber Board for soliciting referrals of potential members for pipeline development
- Work closely with the Membership Services Manager to ensure a smooth transition and on-boarding of all new Chamber members
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Membership Services Manager regarding processing for advertising/sponsorship opportunities discussed during prospecting a new member
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Finance and Operations Manager for all new member payments, invoices, and transition to the subscription membership model
- Attend Ribbon Cuttings of members that have requested one during their sales process (so long as they meet the ribbon cutting requirements)
Job Title: Manager, Membership Services
Reports to: Chamber President & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for leading chamber member retention and engagement initiatives and activities. Manages the Chamber’s New Member Journey, chamber membership renewal communication/outreach, and the chamber Ambassadors. Responsible for trade agreements, advertising sales, and new sponsorship development for featured events and programs. Oversees the coordination and production of the New Resident Kit and execution of Ribbon Cuttings.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with all current Chamber Members, by promoting services and serving as a resource of information
- Review, plan, implement, execute, and fine-tune the New Member Journey for first-year members; including sending out all Chamber Check-In Communications, tracking membership engagement with activities and programs; and adjusting the Journey as applicable.
- Work closely with the Membership Development Manager to ensure a smooth transition and on-boarding of all new Chamber members
- Oversees all Chamber Membership Renewal Communication and Outreach including but not limited to
- Manage the drop member process by performing membership AR calls at 60/90/120 day cycles
- Develop a “watch list” of issues from member discussions that should be reviewed with all team members and/or the Board of Directors
- Record member interactions in Chamber Master that would be helpful in future sales, retention, or other team members to know
- Develop strategies to meet retention goals which include fostering on-going communications and long-lasting relationships that are sharable with the Chamber’s team, Ambassadors and Board of Directors
- Use and understanding Chamber Master, the Chamber’s database management platform, for membership records, new journey tracking and finances
- Manage the Chamber Ambassadors, a group of 30 volunteers who assist with promotion of the Chamber, including their program of work and responsibilities, necessary training on Ambassador expectations and tracking their Ambassador activity
- Develop, retain, and pro-actively recruit Ambassador leadership and volunteers by maintaining and sharing up-to-date ambassador job descriptions and following annual application process
- Responsible for overseeing and managing all Trade Agreements related Chamber activities
- Manages and oversee all Advertising Sales Opportunities for the Chamber, including setting and meeting sales goals and objectives
- Develops a sponsorship solicitation plan with the Program and Events Manager for new event sponsors as needed/budgeted, including and meeting sales goals and objectives
- Manages the coordination, compilation and production of the New Resident Kit that is distributed by the Chamber
- Manages the coordination and execution of Ribbon Cuttings for Chamber Members, with assistance from the Communications and Programs Coordinator
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Finance and Operations Manager for all renewal member payments, invoices, and transition to the subscription membership model
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Marketing and Communication Manager to develop advertising timelines, ad criteria for placement in Chamber communication materials, and Trade Agreement Details as applicable, etc.